Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Quick Wed post :)

I just wanted to share a link from one of my favorite fitness/health bloggers that I follow. Claire posted yesterday on her http://theascentblog.com about the type of fitness workout Tabata. I had heard of this but never really knew too much about it...I want to try and work some of the Tabata into my workouts. Here is a snippet from Claire's newest post..:
"Anyway, the other day I was sitting at work trying to resist eating one of the homemade cookies that was sitting in the kitchen (I mean really people, don’t you know that I’m on Whole30!?), and I realized that it might be time to take matters into my own hands and add a few Tabata sets into my daily life. What is a Tabata set? Tabata is an interval training technique developed in Japan with sessions lasting 4 minutes, during which you work for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds, and so on for the full duration.
Sounds easy, right?
Well, here are the Tabata sets that I am challenging myself to do every night before bed for the next 6 weeks–alternating days between abs & booty. I of course will also be sticking to my Spring Goal of 4 WODs per week, but I think that this extra little piece might be the boost I need to revamp my willpower. Who’s with me?
(Reminder: I am NOT a certified trainer of CrossFit or any other physical fitness regimen, so if you want to play , you do so at your own risk!)
Tabata Abs
8 sets of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, for a total of 4 minutes
Forearm plank – hold for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Forearm plank – hold for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Bicycle crunches – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Side plank – L side – hold for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Side plank – R side – hold for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Bicycle crunches – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Forearm plank – hold for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Forearm plank – hold for 20 seconds
Cash Out: 30 seconds boat pose
Tabata Booty
8 sets of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, for a total of 4 minutes
Air squats – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Air squats – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Pistol Squats – R leg – continuous for 20 seconds (you can modify by using a chair for balance)
(rest 10 seconds)
Pistol Squats – L leg – continuous for 20 seconds (you can modify here too)
(rest 10 seconds)
Donkey kicks – R leg – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Donkey kicks – L leg – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Air squats – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Air squats – continuous for 20 seconds
(rest 10 seconds)
Cashout: 60 second forearm plank hold (hey, planks work your booty too!)"




No comments:

Post a Comment