Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Motivation

Happy Tuesday All!!!

So recently I read or heard somewhere (think it was Jillian Michaels...) that one of the best things to do to keep yourself motivated while trying to get healthy and fit is to write down goals for yourself along the way. Yes, I know this sounds hokey....But, trust me...Try it!! The trick is to keep your goals attainable and not so sky high that you won't be able to reach them.... Set different types of goals; weekly, monthly, long term...

I'm a dork and have a dry erase board on my fridge that has my long term goals on it that I see every time I get in the fridge :) I also have stickies on the fridge with my weekly/monthly goals... For example, I have my start date weight  from about 3 weeks ago and I have a line for the end of each week for a total of 8 weeks that I record weight at the friday of that week... I have found that keeping these reminders on my fridge keeps me focused on what my goals are..:) The goal that I'm currently struggling with is being able to drink the 64 ounces of water every day....Whew!! That's a lot of water to me....But I'm up to 48 oz today...

I also wanted to share my favorite podcast that I listen to each week...Jillian Michaels...She is by far one of my favorite fitness gurus!!! Check out her out on iTunes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment