Wednesday, March 27, 2013

GMO's

So I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday afternoon and his show was about GMO's (Genetically Modified Organisms) and thought I would give my two cents on this...

I believe that all of us deserve to know exactly what is in our food that eat...There are debates on whether or not foods that have been genetically modified are truly harmful to us...Really? How can they not be harmful?? What happens to those people who are allergic to seafood that eat a vegetable that has been modified with fish hormones? Now they can't eat tomatoes, and they've now had an allergic reaction to a food they love because they didn't know what was in their tomatoes!!

I am a big Whole Foods supporter and shop there frequently, and I now have a whole new respect for that company based on more info from Dr. Oz's show yesterday.  He had the Co CEO from Whole Foods on saying that they are making the change to having only non GMO foods in their store by 2018!! And they are working on putting the GMO labels on any foods that they carry that do have GMO's in them. Also all of their seafood, poultry, and meats are all organic and local to the area that the store is in!!! Dr. Oz's recommendation to making sure that you buy non GMO food in the meantime while Whole Foods is making their changes is to just buy organic.

I know buying organic is a bit more expensive to do but in my opinion it's well worth the extra cost (if its in your budget) to keep your body and mind healthy!! We deserve to put the best of everything in our bodies!!!

Just my thoughts :) Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment